As a small child picking my way through piles of warm sweet muscles or bashing apart fat red crabs, I couldn’t imagine fish ever being as juicy or full of flavour. I loved how long it took to get to the ‘good’ bits. Picking out the flesh from the claws, teasing out the plump muscles and downing them with the creamy, wine redolent sauce. That was seafood to me and fish just didn’t get a look in.
This Parma ham wrapped cod dish is definitely a contender though. Juicy and plump, saltiness from the Parma ham and a little heat from the chorizo crumbs. This has now become one of my favourite supper dishes and often asked for by Mr Glam.
- 400 g Cod Loin
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 thin slice Parma Ham
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 g Unsalted Butter
- 40 g Chorizo
- Season the cod loins with the salt on both sides and wrap with the Parma Ham.
- Preheat the oven to 200 c
- Put 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into a low sided pan that can go into the oven as well as on the stove top. When the oil is hot, place the cod top side down into the pan. Don't move it. Leave for 6 minutes and then turn the cod over. The top side should now be golden brown. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Turn the cod over again and then place into the oven for 7 minutes. Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a pan and gently fry the chorizo. Remove from the pan, cut into small pieces and set aside.
- Remove the cod from the oven place back on the stove top and place the butter in the pan. As soon as the butter has melted, spoon over the cod several times to glaze the fish. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the samphire in the pan, toss and heat through for 2 minutes. Place half the samphire on each plate, top with the cod and then sprinkle with the chorizo, serve.
If you enjoyed this post, share it using the Share Buttons Subscribe to Glamorous Glutton free here