If you too are feeling it’s all been a bit much, then join me in a few healthy recipes to start the new year and a healthier 2015. That’s not to say this is a New Years Resolution- Certainly not! But a look at what I eat when and making some healthier choices. Some of the recipes for those choices will appear on my blog along with the usual Glamorous Glutton Fare including travel and book and product reviews. Have a wonderful 2015 everyone!
Gluten Free Coconut And Goji Berry Cereal
- 300 g Gluten free breakfast flakes
- 40 g Goji Berries
- 30 g Walnuts
- 30 g Pumpkin Seeds
- 30 g Sunflower seeds
- 30 g Almonds
- 40 g Coconut oil melted
- 20 ml Organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch Himalayan Pink salt
- 40 g Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180c; 160c; gas mark 4; 350f fan.
Put all the dry ingredients except the coconut into a large bowl and stir to mix thoroughly.
- drizzle over the maple syrup and the coconut oil and stir very thoroughly to ensure everything is coated in the oil.
- Spread on a baking tray and bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven sprinkle over the coconut and turn the flakes to mix everything well. Bake for a further 8 mins until the coconut is just golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray, store in an airtight container once cooled.
- Serve with yoghurt, milk or almond milk
If you enjoyed this post, share it using the Share Buttons Subscribe to Glamorous Glutton free here