In a effort to be a little healthier and strive for that ‘Summer Body’ I’ve become more serious about exercise and my diet. I’ve been swimming for a long time but without the “Come on you can do one more!’ I don’t really push myself. I’m now doing boot camp three time a week – I’m not sure a ‘Summer Body’ will ever happen, but bizarrely I’m really enjoying the morning hard graft.
Now that Spring has well and truly arrived, it makes healthy eating much easier. I’m newly discovering grains and there will be more of those to come. But I love mixed Salad leaves especially with fresh herbs, that add a punch of flavour like coriander, parsley, chives and freshly picked oregano or fragrant Greek basil.
Baby Levant cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthways and tiny vine tomatoes add sweetness and colour along with sparkling pink pomegranate seeds. There’s little need for salt in this salad as seasoning comes from the creamy feta which is just crumbled over the leaves. The apple cider vinegar in the dressing also helps to prolong the feeling of being full, perfect for the ‘Summer Body’. This is great as a main, or a side dish to roast lamb or spicy chicken.
Feta And Pomegranate Salad With Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Serves 2 (Can be doubled)
- 100 g Mixed salad leaves
- 10 g Chives
- 10 g Parsley
- ½ Apple, skin on
- 8 Baby tomatoes
- 2 Levant cucumbers
- 150 g Feta cheese
- 100 g Pomegranate seeds
- Purple sprouting radish or cress
- 2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar (with the 'mother')
- ½ teaspoon Date syrup
- 1 Lemon Cheek
- Place the salad leaves into a large bowl, add the herbs and toss together with your hands.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber slices and apple. Crumble the feta and scatter around the centre of the leaves, top with the pomegranate seeds. Scatter with some purple sprouting radish or cress
- Place the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar and date syrup into a small cup or bowl. Whisk together then pour over the salad just before serving. Add a squeeze of lemon to taste.
If you enjoyed this post, share it using the Share Buttons Subscribe to Glamorous Glutton free here