‘Oh, there’s nothing in there!’ Moans the Glam Teen leaning on the fridge door. It’s reading week and he’s home from uni for a bit of revision, nutrition and R and R. ‘ The only thing in here is a load of condiments’.
I haven’t stocked up as I normally would when one of the Glam Teens comes home but as this was a short holiday and he’s not sure he’s staying for the whole week. The salamis, chorizos and various olives have vanished, the cupboard treats have all been eaten and he’s after a snack.
With a some of those cupboard condiments and a pack of chicken wings, a tasty snack is easy to put together. Chicken wings are cheap and great for nibbles with drinks, for lunch with a bit of salad or a big plateful when a Glam turns up without notice and they freeze perfectly.
What’s your favourite condiment snack?
Chilli Ginger Sticky Chicken Wings
Serves 4 as a starter
- 450g chicken wings (I buy the ones with the tips removed)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 130g Ketchup Manis
- 30g rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 25g fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat the oven to 180c
- Place the chicken wings on a roasting tray and season with salt and pepper
- Roast until just golden brown about 15 minutes
- Meanwhile mix together the remaining ingredients in a bowl
- Dip the chicken wings in the sauce and replace on the roasting tray
- Pour over the remaining sauce and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes basting again with the hot sauce on the roasting tray half way through
- Remove from the oven, spoon over the remaining sticky sauce from the roasting tray and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Eat hot or cold
If you enjoyed this post why not subscribe to Glamorous Glutton free here